Google+ Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube Email RSS Login

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reducing World Suck
Ja-Mez
Administrator
Post Reducing World Suck
on: July 2, 2013, 15:39

So if you caught our latest episode of 3 Geeks in a Pod, you know that we talked at length about internet celebrities and the wonderful things they do with their community. It seems to me, and many others, that internet celebrities have the ability to connect with their audience in a unique way (as we discussed) and as such have the unique ability to utilize that community to doing something to help the world. And this idea has really been sticking with me.

Ok so the Debs and Errol crowd may not be as extensive as the Nerdfighters or other fandom communities online, but I thin we are a cool little group of interesting people and that I think it would be great to see what we can do to, as the Nerdfighters say, Reduce World Suck. By this I mean I want to see if we can band together, using the power of the internet and do something charitable or helpful, transcend our geekdom and sense of community and help the world somehow. Problem is beyond the initial inspiration I don't really have any good ideas. So...

I thought we could use this thread to brainstorm something try to get the ball rolling on something we can do as a community.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Stay Stalwart!

Lore Hera
Beginner
Post Re: Reducing World Suck
on: September 2, 2013, 22:55

Well, I collect for charity regularly and have researched a few. So we could pick a charity and maybe all do something as a community to raise money for it? I'd say we could all do a habitat for humanity day together but... yeah... that's a lot of plane fare and hotels... Honestly though, there are tons of things we could do. My mom and grandma knit baby hats for charity...

Pages: [1]