Google+ Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube Email RSS Login

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Spoilers: Sherlock - Season 2 - Episode 1
Brian
Administrator
Post Re: Spoilers: Sherlock - Season 2 - Episode 1
on: February 12, 2013, 15:38

Yeah I actually thought that was pretty profound and really, words to live by...

Learning lines... ah.. my old nemesis..

Whitless
Administrator
on: February 12, 2013, 15:59

OH, also, Watson was particularly hilarious this episode, especially with the baby names line

Jezbel
Beginner
on: March 2, 2013, 14:09

I liked this episode. I've actually never seen any other incarnation of Adler but I liked her, she was fun! It was very interesting how she threw Sherlock off his game. To be honest I don't really WANT Sherlock paired with anyone. I guess I just can't see it for him (though the inner fan-girl would love a Holmes/Watson pairing lol), however I did like the hints and the way they handled it in this episode. I agree with what was said in the podcast and this helped open him up to the possibility of a relationship more. Which helped me view Molly differently also, though frankly I hope they take their time on that b/c no matter how much social progress he's made it's unrealistic for him to jump in with her right away.

Now the passcode part I loved. I knew it had to be something personal, but I spent so much time focusing on how she affected Sherlock that I never bothered to pay attention to the other way around. The constant trying numbers thing also threw me off, but that reveal was fantastic. And then I kicked myself for not figuring that out. XD

The end actually didn't surprise me. He had to have known what was happening and I'm not surprised he showed up to save her. I do wonder if she's going to turn up again in season 3 though since he's apparently also doing the 'dead but on the run' thing. No clue how many books she was in or if that would factor into the show. One day I will read these books so I have some sort of reference lol.

Brian
Administrator
on: March 2, 2013, 15:43

I would actually be fine with her not showing up again except for in occasional references to "The Woman" or perhaps a gasping cell phone alert that is never acknowledged, except, perhaps, by an exasperated look from Watson..

Jezbel
Beginner
on: March 2, 2013, 16:37

The only problem I see with that is Sherlock would have to explain what happened with Adler then and right now no one else knows. And while I would like to see more of her character I think bringing her back might actually weaken her appeal. We've seen all she can do and her interactions with Sherlock aren't new anymore. *shrugs* I think it would basically give us the same kind of episode we've already had with her.

Brian
Administrator
on: March 2, 2013, 17:06

I can agree with that, except that I don't think sherlock would necessarily need to ever explain anything, but we would know - and so would John, though his own deduction. That's in character.

In the movies, they played her differently. She was a long time associate/rival of Sherlock's. And I think THAT worked very well too. But it's not what was done in the books and I don' think thats where it should go with this Series.

Errol
Administrator
on: March 2, 2013, 20:36

Wow, awesome discussion. 🙂 yes, I'm late to the game... 🙂

Allooo! My Name is Errol...

Brian
Administrator
on: March 2, 2013, 20:56

Would that be the Game of Shadows?

Errol