Google+ Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube Email RSS Login

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Topic: Spoilers: Sherlock - Season 1 - Episode 1
Brian
Administrator
Post Topic: Spoilers: Sherlock - Season 1 - Episode 1
on: February 13, 2013, 11:39

I watched this one again recently. What was good what was bad?

This episode was the one about the serial suicides and a difficult choice for Holmes at the end...

There were some things I liked and some I didn't but I think the parts I now think maybe it was planned that way, but I'll let others have the opportunity to start the conversation first before I jump in..

Jezbel
Beginner
Post Re: Topic: Spoilers: Sherlock - Season 1 - Episode 1
on: March 2, 2013, 13:57

I liked this episode. My theories were going crazy during it. At first I thought the people did have a connection since it seemed they all had some sort of adulterous relationship... except for the boy. He was throwing me off so much and it drove me nuts during the first half trying to decide how he related to the rest lol.

After that I did figure out it was a cabby before Sherlock stated it (so yay for one smart moment), and the randomness of the victims at least calmed my 'everyone needs to be connected theory'. I did get how he made them take the pills but I will say that someone should have picked the right pill at least once. I don't think we got the full story on them, especially since he didn't answer Sherlock in the end.

The end looking back was brilliant. He was going to take that pill, not caring what might happen. And even though he thought he was right, his expression seemed more than he almost hoped he was wrong to me. Now fast forward to the end of season 2. Similar situation where Sherlock has a choice but this time we see how he factors in those he cares about to make his decision. It showed fantastic growth for the character. 🙂

Brian
Administrator
on: March 2, 2013, 15:52

I really think this episode was brilliant in how it played all bases. I think the cabbie angle was there for most everyone to figure out - even those not good at mysteries. Then for the people who really thought they played their hand too openly on that, they added the layer of who Sherlock's enemy is. Then for the final twist for the fangeeks, toss in Moriarty. It hits all levels/areas of the fan base and gives everyone wins. It's generally brilliant.

I did really like the dimension that was added with Watson ending up in the other building.. It's also fascinating how there was no real imminent danger from the cabby and Watson had to shoot him only to save Sherlock from himself.

& BTW the cabby kept reminding me of an older Brent Spiner as Data.

Jezbel
Beginner
on: March 2, 2013, 16:32

Oh yeah the Watson stuff was great. The whole chase the cabbie scene was fantastic and I kept wondering if her would notice he left his cane behind. XD

Ahh thats who the cabbie reminded me of! I thought he looked like someone but I couldn't place it. I'm almost sure I've seen that actor in something else also.. but idk. I just saw Le Mis also and thought I knew the actor who played Marius but after looking up his stuff discovered I haven't seen any of it lol.

Pages: [1]