Google+ Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube Email RSS Login

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Anime Discussion thread
Mercenary
Pen
Pro
Post Re: Anime Discussion thread
on: July 1, 2013, 14:53

Quote from Jezbel on July 1, 2013, 00:02
You're already watching the ones I would have recommended MP. XD I was going to gush about Shingeki no Kyojin and I figured Suisei no Gargantia would be one you might like, though I'm further behind on that one. I was going to start Kakumeiki Valvrave also but haven't yet. Your list seems to be adding to mine more than me helping you. XD

Out of ones I could recommend... Karneval is good so far. No mecha but there's a lot of mystery and sort of magic fights. I'm not quite sure how to describe the way their abilities work. That would be about it. The only other I watch pretty regularly is Gintama and as much as I want to have someone to talk about that with... that is a headache I would not wish on anyone. I cannot explain why I adore that anime since 90% is made up of what would normally be considered silly filler episodes, with only small bits of serious plot driven story in between.

Gotta admit that I'm a ways behind on Shingeki no Kyojin at the moment- its a little gorier than I generally prefer, so I'm leaving it until I'm up for that much.

I'll admit that I've watched more anime than a lot of people have- but I'd hoped that maybe there were a few Space Opera style series that I might have missed that people knew about- I've come a long way since marathoning every gundam series in the space of six weeks (with the exception of AGE which wasn't out at the time)

Maybe I'll rewatch Legend of the Galactic Heroes when things free up a little more.

Showing people the Errol of their ways...

Jezbel
Beginner
on: July 2, 2013, 08:59

Oh.. yeah. I guess it is a bit gory. I had to think about that a moment. I normally don't like anything that has a lot of gore but somehow it doesn't register while watching Shingeki no Kyojin as I get too involved in the story. I would say the most I remember is from the first couple eps since it was new and I wasn't sure what to expect yet. I was wary about starting it with all the hype about it but it is really good! I'm certainly expecting it to be prominent at Otakon this year.

Space opera and mecha aren't genre's I watch all that often so any of the ones I do know it's likely you've watched. I did find a wiki list with some space opera that appear to not be on yours so I'll list those here.

Space Battleship Yamato, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, Tytania, Banner of the Stars, Crest of the Stars, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Space Adventure Cobra, and Vandred.

I'm not sure if any of those go by different names but I checked and they weren't on your list. Legend of the Galactic Heroes isn't on your list either and I was going to suggest that until I saw that you mentioned it in the last post... so you may actually have seen some of these (or all). XD

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: July 2, 2013, 11:53

Legend of the galactic heroes and Space Battleship Yamato are on my list under their Japanese names: See Uchuu Senkan Yamato and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu- the others I'll need to check out more carefully.

Jezbel
Beginner
on: July 3, 2013, 07:56

Ah. I forgot to look up the Japanese names. Oops. ^^;

Errol
Administrator
on: September 3, 2013, 09:31

Oh, btw, I saw this linked.

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2013/08/29/5-shows-to-change-your-mind-about-anime/

What do you anime experts thing?

Allooo! My Name is Errol...

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: September 3, 2013, 12:07

Definitely some good points there- because anime is a medium and not something defined solely by the predominant genres that have imprinted themselves on the public consciousness- of the shows featured in the article I have only watched Death Note and Eden of the East myself, but one thing I will maintain is that anime as a medium has a whole lot of untapped potential, even after this many decades of advances in graphics and high calibre storytelling, for even if graphics technology suddenly stops advancing, there is so much as yet untapped potential for storytelling.

Errol
Administrator
on: September 4, 2013, 11:09

I've watched Death Note only. I shall take a look at the others, hopefully, if I have time. ^_^

Errol
Administrator
on: September 14, 2013, 11:39

My daughter's are watching Petite Princess Yucie.

I think they are going to be anime addicts... they love it...

Paige
on: October 1, 2013, 20:38

My school actually has an anime club and since I was a little curious, I went.

Yikes, all those kids are greasers.

I know that not all fans of anime are like this (I pride myself to be a shining example of the fact that showers won't kill nerds), but when these kids show up to a club meeting it's fairly easy to see why some people just don't like us. Please help me to understand why these kids don't know what shampoo is. Please, I'm begging you.

/end rant

Errol
Administrator
on: December 17, 2013, 10:29

Poor greasers! ^_^

Oh, I saw someone post a review of this:

Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing

Any idea on what it's like?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]