Google+ Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube Email RSS Login

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apologies to Mercenary Pen
Errol
Administrator
Post Apologies to Mercenary Pen
on: October 24, 2013, 11:17

Hey MP, and all,

First off, I have to apologize, because I forget that you and most of the other people that don't know me in real life have a perception of me that _I_ have made in the comics.

And thus, you may not understand why on earth there would be backlash if you defend the comic characters from comic Errol.

I probably should pull back a bit on the Comic Errol fear. There was this one comic I did with Amy where it looked like she didn't want to go for dinner with me and I just pushed myself on her. That's not true at all. Amy was very excited to go for dinner with anyone that night, and she is super awesome, and we had a great time.

But because of the character of the over-imposing Errol, I wrote it that way.

In the same way, Manpans had no novel planned. She is actually so crazy excited about this script idea she is hyperventilating. The only reason I would PUSH manpans for this script is because she thinks it will suck. And it won't. Manpans is capable and awesome.

So now I feel kinda bad. I feel bad because I never realized that a perfectly normal response to my jerkish online persona would be to defend the other people. But the other people have a different perception, and so they wonder why others would have that perfectly normal response and they feel you are treating me unfairly.

Of course, you may wonder, why would I write myself in that way? That's the character. That's why. There's just no way I could actually write myself in Ra Ra Errol style. Manpans did that once in My Neighbour Errol. I didn't like it. *laugh*

Heck, My Neighbour Errol borders too much on Ra Ra Errol. At least, that's what some people say. I was hoping that it more looked like "Let's Mock Errol". So it'd be great to get other's perspective who DON'T know my personally!

What do you think about My Neighbour Errol? Is it too much of a Pro message?

Allooo! My Name is Errol...

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
Post Re: Apologies to Mercenary Pen
on: October 24, 2013, 12:33

Honestly, I really overreacted on this one- particularly with the comment suggesting the use of a sledgehammer. That in particular was uncalled for regardless of anything else, and the fact that I went straight to that level of fury without any intervening stages says a lot about how little patience I have, regardless of the fact that you basically prodded at a long standing issue of mine, or indeed the fact that I was already feeling a little rough today- they may have been contributing factors, but they don't excuse my reaction.

Honestly, there have been times when the comic persona has been excessively wearing- there have even been times when some of your mucking around on 3gp has been excessively wearing (at least for someone who's been awake all day running tech duty for three church services in a row near enough every Sunday), and at the back of my mind I was recalling a facebook status from Manda the other week about having too many projects on the go.

With regards to Manda's "My Neighbour Errol" blog posts, there's often been a part of me that's wondered why on earth she puts up with everything she does from you- although I don't recall at the moment the one you're referring to with the Ra Ra Errol style.

Showing people the Errol of their ways...

Errol
Administrator
on: October 24, 2013, 12:48

Hah, you can think of me as a 'grace builder'. ^_^

Hey, as I said, there are many people that can't handle me. But those people just don't bother hanging out with me. Super duper simple!

As for Manpans, you should ask her yourself. Preferably, not on these forums, because I fear it will just descend into Ra Ra Errol... and no one needs that.

Whitless
Administrator
on: October 24, 2013, 22:58

All that being said, thanks for sticking up for me Mercenary Pen :D. I should have clarified. That facebook post was more because of projects not involving Errol actually. I took on about three things too many this month and I do appreciate you keeping that in mind :D.

But yes...the nice thing about Errol is that he doesn't actually push you if it's very clear you don't want to be pushed. When it came to this video game project, he knows that one of my dream jobs is to be a video game writer. I've applied twice to a couple of different companies and was promptly rejected due to lack of experience. So when it comes down to that choice, yes. I would forgo NaNo for the chance to write my own video game.

Now, the WAY Errol presents these opportunities...initially, yes, it is very overwhelming :D. I step back, take a few deep breaths, and then ask for details apart from "LET'S DO THIS PROJECT TOGETHER!".

Sorry to hear that life is rough at the moment! I hope there are fun things to temper it with!

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: October 25, 2013, 05:33

Main issue on this occasion is that I've just come down with something flu-like in the last day or so... and in my experience, the first things to go when I get ill are the sense of humour and the ability to keep my temper in check...

Errol
Administrator
on: October 25, 2013, 16:32

Methinks MP has anger issues... ^_^

Heck, even Alex doesn't get angry with me, and he works with me 9 hours a day!

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: October 25, 2013, 17:55

Quote from Errol on October 25, 2013, 16:32
Methinks MP has anger issues... ^_^

Heck, even Alex doesn't get angry with me, and he works with me 9 hours a day!

Some people are better suited to cope with that sort of thing than others- and I suspect he gives almost as well as he gets (or just saves up all his aggression for the one day of the year when he can get away with slapping you- yes I saw that photo)

And yes, I'll readily admit I don't have the longest of tempers...

Pages: [1]