Google+ Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube Email RSS Login

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: D&E - Pondering the Future
Errol
Administrator
Post D&E - Pondering the Future
on: July 30, 2013, 10:28

Allo all!

First off, for those that are fearing that I'm posting that D&E is ending, that's not the case. We are booked for at LEAST a year.

It's interesting with the D&E world. I actually would have stopped long ago had we gone up against any obstacle. D&E is an insane amount of work, and I'm old and tired. *LAUGH*

But we've never come up against any signficant obstacle. Sure, we've played dud gigs, but it wasn't horrible. And the last couple gigs we've had were absolutely amazing.

And because of you guys, D&E has been far more successful than I would have imagined. You all rock, seriously. We were extremely touched when you all joined us for the gift opening! I mean, we posted that not expecting anyone to come! And then you all popped in!

Anyway, D&E is trucking along, but I'm thinking I need to step up my game. MP was hinting at more videos, and I do agree with him, but I'm struggling for time to shoot video, let alone make video.

So, I ask again

Anyone have any ideas to get D&E more in the public eye?

This is not saying we don't have plans. We always have a bunch of things in plan (like con playing, and other online things, even videos) but I'm running out of things that I can do which DOESN'T require a lot of work on my part.

And no, it's not because I'm looking for easy solutions, all I do is D&E things, but I need to squeeze it in somewhere. *laugh*

So, if you have any ideas, by all means, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

Allooo! My Name is Errol...

Debs
Administrator
Post Re: D&E - Pondering the Future
on: July 30, 2013, 15:34

CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO! CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO! CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO! CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!

No, seriously, Errol. We have to do the Catan video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, you said easy. * Sigh * One day I'll have a job and money and be able to buy a good computer so I can do editing stuff. That'll help.

I think what would also help would be to tour and that would be super fun, but also impossible right now, which is sad.

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: July 30, 2013, 16:49

Well, the way I see it one of the things that could help is something you guys are already doing i.e. The Search for Geek- especially since you've gone further afield with it than Toronto. If you can pick the artists you interview well as people who are significantly successful in their own right and who might be willing to give you guys a plug in return, that might help put you out there.

Also, you're going to need to find some way of making up for the fact that you guys aren't in a position to tour- because the act of touring and playing plenty of concerts in plenty of venues would have gone quite a way towards helping you grow your audience (consider for example that the Doubleclicks formed- under that name at least- in the same year that you guys did).

What you might do to fill that gap is more google hangout concerts- though I would suggest trying something a little more ambitious than you guys have done with them so far, after all, if you can connect other computers into the same hangout, why not use that to bring in other artists to share a billing in the concert- this might bring in other people for you (and if they're significantly more successful, then you may as well run the hangout through their YouTube channel so it shows up to more people).

Showing people the Errol of their ways...

Errol
Administrator
on: July 31, 2013, 10:49

Cool, all these suggestions are great. More concerts.

Now, the hard thing about concerts, is I need Debs. But I don't have Debs.

I've also refrained from putting out more vids because they would be vids of myself. I think it'd be good for Debs to put out vids of herself, but she doesn't have much time to edit them.

Nor does she have much time to create songs and sing and put them on the internets.

But I might be able to do that...

Allooo! My Name is Errol...

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: July 31, 2013, 17:25

Quote from Debs on July 30, 2013, 15:34
CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO! CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO! CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO! CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO CATAN VIDEO!

No, seriously, Errol. We have to do the Catan video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, you said easy. * Sigh * One day I'll have a job and money and be able to buy a good computer so I can do editing stuff. That'll help.

I think what would also help would be to tour and that would be super fun, but also impossible right now, which is sad.

If we did do a catan video, I think it ought to be a live action Catan video- so using appropriate scenery for the various terrain types (pastures full of sheep, forests, etc.)

Also, you may not have editing software, but surely you could hand off the footage to contacts that do have appropriate software packages as a means of getting the ball rolling- it might not be ideal, but waiting for ideal circumstances is going to leave you with a solid chunk of inactivity until ideal happens.

Showing people the Errol of their ways...

Debs
Administrator
on: August 1, 2013, 03:05

Yeah, I have long dreamed of a live action Catan video, but traveling to places with mountains and sheep and stuff needs money, because that's not so much in Ontario (the mountains). We do have a few things in mind around the possibility of crowdsourcing it - think 10-20 games of Catan going on at once and 40-50 people yelling "HARVEST" and "AHHHH SHEEP!"

As far as the concerts go, we've actually kicked around the idea of combining forces with other bands (had the idea simultaneously with NwG actually) and doing an en-masse Google Hangout concerts so good thought there, MP. That is most definitely within the realm of possibility 🙂 I just kind of worry that people will get bored of Hangout concerts eventually. But hey, I'm all for more concerts.

And you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with "Search for Geek", MP. That was actually my brainchild thanks to some transcription I was doing that placed emphasis on aligning yourself with people who are more well known 🙂 The great thing about it is that it's basically a win-win. More content and exposure for other bands is good, and them learning that we exist is good too!

I do wonder sometimes whether we have the networks in place in other cities yet to actually make touring viable. Another thing we would love to do is tour in November (though that wouldn't be this year) and throw in some NaNo parody songs, in which case the networks would be in place.

Anyway, my epic plan is:
?* --> $$ --> DO ALL THE THINGS!

(*Might involve cloning Debs several times so she can keep up with Errol)

Pages: [1]