Google+ Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube Email RSS Login

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: NaNoWriMo!!!
Meli
Beginner
Post NaNoWriMo!!!
on: October 14, 2013, 22:32

Alright, so it's that time of year again. The days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder, and, oh yeah: NaNoWriMo!!

So, what are you all doing for NaNo '13? Are you even doing NaNoWriMo? Discuss!

(And by the way, Errol is VERY popular on the Toronto forums. They've even come up with ways to kill Errol in a novel. Eek!)

We never stopped believing.

SarahLS
Pro
Post Re: NaNoWriMo!!!
on: October 15, 2013, 08:13

I'm going to be doing a mystery. I've never done one before so this should be interesting!

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: October 16, 2013, 04:37

Running with Military SF again this year, but this year I actually have an idea on where my novel is supposed to end... No more just tacking on extra battle scenes until I have enough war for an entire series for me...

Showing people the Errol of their ways...

Kristi
Beginner
on: October 16, 2013, 20:13

I've been looking forward to NaNo this year since it ended last year. In the past, I've only done it sporadically, so this will be my first time doing 2 consecutive years. I've started waffling this month though, because it's already halfway through Oct. and I haven't had any time to prepare. Darn that busy season at work. But I'm going to go for it anyway. I'll be writing fantasy this year. I've spent the last 5 months or so creating a new world, and this will be the first time writing a full-length story set in it. I'm a bit scared.

Errol
Administrator
on: October 17, 2013, 11:22

^_^ I'm writing a fantasy story.

And it will involve myself, debs, manpans, kari, amy, and jeanette.

I'll be a loopy cleric.
Manpans is an anxious fighter.
Kari is a grumpy enchantress.
Amy is an elf and the leader of the group.
Debs is a sad bard.
Jeanette is a timid thief.

Allooo! My Name is Errol...

SarahLS
Pro
on: October 17, 2013, 23:47

I may be mixing my mystery with fantasy haven't decided yet, I should probably do that huh.

Kristi
Beginner
on: October 18, 2013, 18:08

I have plans for a mystery set in my fantasy world, though that's not what I'm doing for NaNo. The idea of writing a mystery freaks me out though...

Meli
Beginner
on: October 18, 2013, 19:49

Everyone's ideas are great! Keep them coming!

I'm going for a novel from the antagonist's perspective. I'm not sure if it should be set in medieval times or modern times, because during the big fight scene I want them to have a singing duel to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Would this be fantasy?

~~~
Next question: Is everyone ready for NaNo '13? What are you doing to get ready?

We never stopped believing.

Kristi
Beginner
on: October 20, 2013, 17:16

Quote from Meli on October 18, 2013, 19:49
Everyone's ideas are great! Keep them coming!

I'm going for a novel from the antagonist's perspective. I'm not sure if it should be set in medieval times or modern times, because during the big fight scene I want them to have a singing duel to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Would this be fantasy?

It doesn't seem like fantasy exactly, at least not how I perceive fantasy. Have you ever seen the movie "A Knight's Tale"? They did a pretty good job of combining some modern things, including music, with a medieval setting, without it seeming too hokey. I definitely wouldn't classify that movie as fantasy. A singing duel during a fight scene is an intriguing idea.

As far as NaNo prep, I haven't done much. I had plans to use October to prepare, but I've been working a lot more than normal, and things are finally starting to settle down (I hope...I may end up working extra this week too, but I don't know yet). Hopefully I can still get enough prep done in the next 10 days.

Mercenary
Pen
Pro
on: October 21, 2013, 17:26

Quote from Errol on October 17, 2013, 11:22
^_^ I'm writing a fantasy story.

And it will involve myself, debs, manpans, kari, amy, and jeanette.

I'll be a loopy cleric.
Manpans is an anxious fighter.
Kari is a grumpy enchantress.
Amy is an elf and the leader of the group.
Debs is a sad bard.
Jeanette is a timid thief.

You have my permission to include me as a snarky but somewhat bored sorcerer antagonist providing mischief from afar.

Also, mister loopy cleric, you'd better have a battle against ents/treants/whichever tree monsters you deem suitable- if only because it'll be hilarious.

In fact, you ought to include Ja-Mez as well (I'm thinking as a psion or similar, creating simulacra of comic book heroes to fight for him using the power of his mind).

Showing people the Errol of their ways...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5