VBlog: October Update
Debs: Attempted video blog for you all! We were having battery problems though. We think Errol’s camera has something wrong with it. Or, it’s really finicky about batteries.
For those who might not want to wade through the video, here is the latest news!
1) The CD! We are making great progress on mixing but it is taking longer than expected. Erik, our mixer in New York, has so many great ideas he wants to try (seriously, you should hear Double Rainbow – it’s completely epic) and we don’t want to sacrifice anything just to get it done a little faster. There’s a lot of back and forth happening between the three of us, and Errol will probably blame me for being a perfectionist here. We are going to do a blog post with Erik in the near future for anyone who is curious about the mixing process.
2) Monkey Night in Canada & Silent Auction! On Thursday, October 27th, we’ll be playing at Hard Rock Cafe alongside other geeks acts to support our friends (and creators!) at Monkeyman Productions. You can find out more about the event here. As part of the festivities, they are holding a silent auction, and we’ve created a book to donate – so exciting! It’s the first volume of our comics (78 of ’em) plus the accompanying wordage we post with them on the website. There are also intros by us and Monkeyman founder D.J. Sylvis. Not only will we all sign it, but this is the only copy in existence. Seriously. I’m not even allowed to have one. Sigh.
3) Covers! More covers requested by our CD donors are coming soon! We’ve got one ready to record – we’re just waiting for my cold congestion to clear up.
4) National Novel Writing Month! NaNoWriMo is a crazy creative challenge where participants aim to write a novel during the month of November. Errol and I met back in 2007 and we’re planning a whole bunch of songs to celebrate the mayhem this year.
5) CD Title! We might do a more detailed post about this later, but we recently realized that we have no idea what we want to call the CD! If you have any suggestions, we’d love to hear them – if it’s perfect and we use it, we’ll give you a CD!
Best vlog ever! I love you both. This had me in stitches.
*laugh* Thanks Adam, I’m glad it made you smile!
It was decidedly not making Errol smile at the time 😛
Best video ever! My favorite is Debs’s expression every time the video died.
Ya. You can actually hear me get frazzled. Can you believe that? 😀
Haha. Well I didn’t expect him to keep those expressions in. Can’t trust him…
For the CD title – what about “Debs and Errol” Don’t all the famous singers have “self-titled” CDs?
But that’s BORING! 😀
I’ve got Teh Perfect Title! “Number Five – Quickly!”
Heh, that’s actually funny. 😀
How about this for a title
Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun